Giving a second lease of life to clothing is above all preventing it from going into a bin and being considered as waste. This is, therefore, trying to:
- Sell again
- Donate: to associations / in road-side recycling bins or in municipal recycling facilities / via in-shop collection / via door-to-door collection
Depending on the the type of collection the textiles and footwear recovered may:
- Supply the collection’s partner association / charity clothing depots for the underprivileged etc.;
- Be sold for a specific social initiative;
- Be directly exported for sale in second-hand outlets;
- Find a second lease of life when reused or recycled following sorting.
These activities generally create jobs in the sector, in particular for persons faced with employment difficulties.